Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Bring on the rain


No, this is not me. 
After a long hot summer of drought we are finally getting some rain. Nothing heavy but still reason to ride carefully. So I pulled out my rain pants and jacket then set off to the station. The ride was good with no sliding or stopping problems. Riding on days like this are actually kind of nice. It forces you to really block out the rest of the world and ride. Remembering  what happened over the weekend. No, too busy, dark patch ahead. Got a big presentation on Tuesday. So what, how deep is this puddle? Etc, etc, etc.

Now  looking back on the ride I can think about other stuff. Not work, but gear upgrades. First gloves. I need some wet weather gloves. My current summer ones are cloth backed leather and my hands get a little wet. Decent looking boots. I need to get a second set of boots that I can wear all day instead of having to carry my shoes or leave them at the office. Final thing new rain pants. The current ones I have are fine but they are black with no reflective strips and remember to be seen is to be "mostly" safe.

Guess I have some shopping to do. Stay dry and keep the shiny side up.

No comments:

Post a Comment